1 lb penne pasta
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded with cumin and salt added after shredded (2 cups)
2 cups shredded Monteray Jack Cheese
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
4 oz diced green chilies
1. Cook pasta acoording to package, drain, and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9X13 cooking pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together chicken and cheese.
3. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in flour to make a roux and let bubble for 1 minute. Slowly add in chicken broth and stir constantly. Let bubble and thicken for 10-15 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in sour cream and green chilies. Stir until well combined.
4. In 9x13 baking dish, layer pasta, chicken and cheese mixture two times. Then pour sauce over top. Do not stir. Add more cheese to top if desired (um, yes!).
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and golden on top.
*Season to your hearts desire. This is a mellow recipe with lots of room to flavor it how you like*