Tuesday, November 29, 2011
5 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1" cubes
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dried thyme
4 cans cream of mushroom soup
3 cans water
3 T. onion soup mix (Put in blender and grind until it becomes a fine powder)
1 tsp. browning sauce (Kitchen Bouquet--if you don't have, it is in any grocery store near the Worcestershire sauce)
1. Combine beef cubes, salt, pepper, and dried thyme in large bowl. Mix well so that the meat is covered with the seasoning.
2. Place in greased 9x13 inch pan.
3. Bake uncovered at 400 for 15 minutes.
5. Bake 15 minutes longer.
6. Drain well.
1. In separate bowl, combine the soup, water, ground onion soup and browning sauce.
2. Pour over the beef and mix well.
3. Pour into a crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours (Don't lift lid to peek)
Serve over hot white rice. (MAKES A LOT, SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO DO 1/2)
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)