- ½ red onion, chopped (I use white if I don't have red)
- ½ chopped cilantro
- 4 large zucchini, cut into 1/3 inch cubes
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped (green is okay if that's all you have)
- 6-8 oz. Mexican chorizo (This is spicy! Add less until you know how spicy you like it, say 3-4 oz.)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1 Tb. oil, if needed
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Brown the chorizo for 2-3 minutes, then add the chicken until warmed through. Remove the chorizo and chicken, and set aside.
- Add the onions to the skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Add the zucchini, red pepper and a tablespoon of oil if needed. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until just cooked, but not mushy. Salt and pepper to taste. Then add the protein back in.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro. Serve immediately!